zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query: 3.5.x version as alpha
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:33:29 GMT
convention in this release and to make it as "alpha".
As we know, 3.5.x release contains many critical features like, dynamic
reconfig, SSL feature etc. Naturally, community would focus on
stabilization: resolving blocker bugs and freezing public APIs in an
incremental way. Starts with a series of alpha releases, so people can run
and test with, once we address all the blockers and feel comfortable with
the APIs & remaining jiras we then switch to beta. Please go through the
following link, which gives you idea about 3.5 release plans -
http://markmail.org/message/ymxliy2rrwjc2pmo

recommended to use in production, however as per below mail
to use this version.
Like I mentioned in my previous mail thread, 3.5.3 release is underway and
contains many fixes. Probably, you could try this upcoming version.
Meantime, you could setup test cluster using the latest available version
and please feel free to report issues, if any.
It looks like there are lots of people interested in seeing 3.5 stable
version, and if we get everyone to contribute more patches and code
reviews, we should be able to do it sooner. From the dev/user community
mail threads, I could see many companies are using ZooKeeper
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.2-alpha/ latest release and reporting
queries/improvements etc.
http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Question-on-Release-3-5-x-td7581755.html
.

Probably, other folks can share thoughts.

Thanks,
Rakesh