zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zookeeper and SSL
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 21:11:33 GMT
Hi Juan,

>> I am wondering when 3.5 will become stable release?

The current plan is to cut 3.5.3 beta release candidates this month, get it
out, have folks tested and used it and iterate and eventually remove the
beta tag to reach a stable release of 3.5 that replaces current 3.4. Sorry
I don't have exact time frame of when 3.5 will be released, because that is
a joint efforts and iterations between ZooKeeper developers / contributors
and community and users.

Please check this for contexts on why the release is in its current state:
http://markmail.org/message/ymxliy2rrwjc2pmo
<http://markmail.org/message/ymxliy2rrwjc2pmo>

>> We are at a decision point on whether to use zookeeper or etcd and the
fact
that zookeeper does not support SSL

Just provide a data point - there are companies running ZooKeeper 3.5.x
alpha versions in their prod environment, so you have an option of choosing
an alpha or beta version which supports SSL, but I totally understand your
concern.