zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Amar Gajbhiye <Amar.Gajbh...@1eQ.com>
Subject Extremely different readings on different zookeeper deployments
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 07:24:20 GMT
Hi,
I am working on a distributed system where I want to use consensus algorithm. I am evaluating
ZooKeeper for the same.
I am trying to quantify read and write operations for zookeeper for version 3.5.2.

I am running following operations.

1.       Create 50k Znodes with data

2.       Read from those 50k znodes

I tried this operations when zookeeper server was running on 4 different remote servers in
standalone mode. My client was always on same machine.

1.       Test case 1

Server configuration : Windows 8 server R2.

jdk 1.7.0_80

Avg time required for each write operations : 1.8 ms

Avg time required for each read operations : 0.9 ms

2.       Test case 2

Server configuration : Windows 8 server R2.

jdk 1.7.0_21

Avg time required for each write operation : 1.7 ms

Avg time required for each read operation : 0.9 ms

3.       Test case 3

Server configuration : Windows 7

jdk 1.7.0_25

Avg time required for each write operation : 35 ms

Avg time required for each read operation : 0.8 ms

4.       Test case 4

Server configuration : Windows 7

jdk1.8.0_101

Avg time required for each write operation : 40 ms

Avg time required for each read operation : 0.9 ms

5.       To get network latency out of picture, I kept both client and server on same machine
with following configuration

Server configuration : Windows 7

jdk1.8.0_101

Avg time required for each write operation : 30 ms

Avg time required for each read operation : 0.4 ms

Still, I got same readings.

I do not understand, why ZooKeeper gave such a poor write performance on some machines with
windows 7. I tried these test cases with different jdk versions. But I am getting same result.

However, Read operation performance was same across all deployments.

Can someone please point out the possible cause for such extreme results ?

Thanks,

Amar