zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From FaXin Zhong <faxin.zh...@ericsson.com>
Subject security
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 12:24:54 GMT
Hi,

Our product is using zookeeper. I have some security questions about zookeeper as below.

1.       We want to use ssl for the client-server communication, zookeeper supports it since
3.5.1, while it's alpha version,  is it OK to upgrade zookeeper to 3.5.1 or latest? We are
currently using 3.4.8 for customers.

2.       Does zookeeper support server-server secure communication as well?  Or any plan?
I don't find it in zookeeper documents, but found some JIRA stuff "ZOOKEEPER-1045<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1045>
covers server-server mutual authentication by SASL", what do you think of it for commercial
usage?

Thanks a lot!

BRs/Faxin