zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Hadriel Kaplan <hadri...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject identifying container nodes
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:03:27 GMT
Howdy,
Is there some way for us to identify a node as being a Container node, distinct from persistent
or ephemeral nodes, via a client?

Inside of the server, it stores the client's session number in the ephemeral owner ID for
ephemeral nodes, a value of 0 to identify persistent nodes, and a value of CONTAINER_EPHEMERAL_OWNER
(a Long.MIN_VALUE) to identify Container nodes. But when passing back the Stat structure of
Container nodes to clients, it uses 0 instead of the Long.MIN_VALUE, making it appear as a
persistent node to the client. Is there some reason for this behavior?

It seems easy enough for me to change that behavior for my own use, in DataNode.copyStat(),
but I'm concerned about making this change if there's some good reason it was being faked
out.

-hadriel