zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Szekeres, Zoltan" <Zoltan.Szeke...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Request exceeding 1MB makes server close connection
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 12:33:45 GMT
Hi ZooKeeper team,

We've run into the situation where we've sent more than 1MB of data with a create request
and the server closed the connection. I understand this is an abuse of the system and it's
not recommended and also it can be configured via "jute.maxbuffer". However it's not obvious
at first look what has caused the connection to be closed, because only a connection loss
is seen by the client. Also if we retry on connection loss (which is done automatically by
Apache Curator), we retry the operation until our retry policy allows it, which means creating
a new connection on each retry.
Would it be possible to change the behavior to return an error code, instead of closing the
connection?

Thanks,
Zoltan  Szekeres

________________________________

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the
sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers  If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By communicating with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing and to the voice recording of conversations with personnel of
Morgan Stanley.