zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Whitney, Adam" <Adam.Whit...@sony.com>
Subject FW: zookeeper client seems to timeout earlier than it should
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 20:55:45 GMT
I have a zookeeper cluster with 3 nodes and tick time set to 2s

When a client connects to the cluster I see a log entry like this:

INFO  | Session establishment complete on server XXX, sessionid = XXX, negotiated timeout
= 4000 | org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn | main-SendThread(XXX:2181)

Notice the "negotiated timeout = 4000"

But about once a day I see a log entry like this:

INFO  | Client session timed out, have not heard from server in 2953ms for sessionid XXX,
closing socket connection and attempting reconnect | org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn | main-SendThread(XXX:2181)

Why would the client (apparently) timeout the session after only 2953ms if the negotiated
timeout was 4000ms?