zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding and removing replicas?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:03:36 GMT
Hi Steve,

I'd suggest you to look at ZooKeeper-3.5.2 latest version and use dynamic
reconfig feature. This will help to resize(add/remove zk server) your
cluster without restarting entire cluster.

Please refer the following links to understand more about the dynamic
reconfig feature:-
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.5.2-alpha/zookeeperReconfig.html
http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/dynamic-reconfiguration-of-zookeeper

Regards,