zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad arshad <mohammad.ars...@huawei.com>
Subject ZooKeeper clients does not handle new error codes properly
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 07:54:23 GMT
Hi All,
In Zookeeper rolling upgrade scenario where server is new but client is old, when sever sends
error code which is not understood by a client,  client throws IllegalArgumentException. Generally
IllegalArgumentException is not handled by any of the ZK applications. It is too generic.
How to handle this scenario in ZK applications?
My understanding is instead of throwing IllegalArgumentException we should throw a subclass
of KeeperException, for example InvalidErrorCodeException, so that zk apps can take more specific
action.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
-Arshad