zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with NettyServerCnxn.java
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 04:52:23 GMT
Hi Yuliya - my read is that sendResponse in NIOServerCnxn is logging, then
dropping, any Exceptions encountered during sendResponse. In other words
it's doing best effort response. Not sure if that is "correct", but that's
what it's currently doing in NIO. Surprisingly it's also hiding any
IOExceptions, which is part of the method signature as defined by
ServerCnxn. Some of the calling code is trying to handle IOException in
some cases which is odd... I suspect it was an oversight in ZOOKEEPER-597,
but I'm not sure.

Ben any insight?

Patrick

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid