zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with NettyServerCnxn.java
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 05:47:11 GMT
if i remember correctly the case in sendResponse where it is catching the
IOException is due to the fact that we are opportunistically trying to send
something on a non-blocking channel. if it works, ok, but if we can't send
because we are blocked then we will just send later.

in the case of NIOServerCnxn there really shouldn't be any exceptions in
sendResponse since it's just queuing. i think the catch is probably there
so that the exception does not get propagated up and kill everything.

ben