zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Irfan Hamid <iha...@salesforce.com>
Subject 3.4.6 rolling restart failing with "Have smaller server identifier"
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:25:31 GMT
Hi,

I have a 5 node ensemble on which I restarted server.1. Ever since it is
unable to rejoin the quorum. I've even tried bringing everything down and
restarting all the servers (starting at server.1 and working my way up to
server.5) but still no joy.

The log messages are of the form:

xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (2, 1)
xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (3, 1)
xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (4, 1)
xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (5, 1)

I've looked and it seems like 3.4.6 has the fix for this
via ZOOKEEPER-1805. So what am I doing wrong/how can I fix it?

TIA,
Irfan.