zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Guy Laden <guy.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Running 3.4 branch ZooKeeper on Linux with iptables
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:10:33 GMT
Is anybody running 3.4 branch ZooKeeper on Linux with iptables?

We are running 3.4.6 and have run into conntrack silently expiring the
leader election connections after they are idle for 5 days.
(/proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established)
We then see leader election on some machines sometimes gets stuck for 15
minutes or so, until the TCP socket times-out.

This JIRA seems to fix this but only in 3.5 branch

Does 3.4.8 make a difference to this issue?

If not then this scenario does not seem rare - perhaps it is something to
add to the wiki? (Will be happy to do it)