zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to investigate these error codes
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:05:25 GMT
Hi Jan,

Connection loss means that the client has disconnected from the server it was connected to
and it will try to connect to another server to avoid session expiration.

Session expired means that your session has expired. :-)

Session expiration is important because if you have ephemerals associated to that session,
they will be gone, so it might trigger some recovery path in your application.

You're using the C client? If so, then it is not going to be garbage collection on the client
side causing your clients to disconnect, which is a pretty common cause for applications using
the Java client. You may want to investigate if you're having some network issues or if perhaps
your servers are overwhelmed with something. If you're sharing the disk devices and other
applications are inducing a good number of IOs, then you may end up affecting the performance
of the server.

-Flavio

> On 12 Aug 2016, at 15:39, Krizansky, Jan <jkrizansky@netsuite.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to reach out to you as we couldn't find any satisfying info online.
> We've recently started seeing some errors in our cluster. The prevailing one is ZSESSIONEXPIRED
but there sometimes is also a ZCONNECTIONLOSS error.
> We couldn't find any documentation about possible causes of these issues. Any recommendation
where we should investigate and what might be causing these?

> The ZCONNECTIONLOSS error is fairly rare. But ZSESSIONEXPIRED is very common happening
on almost every other hit.

> Thank you,
>
> Jan Krizansky
>

> NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information
of NetSuite Inc. and is for the sole use of the intended recipient for the stated purpose.
Any improper use or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender; do not review, copy or distribute; and promptly delete or destroy all transmitted
information. Please note that all communications and information transmitted through this
email system may be monitored by NetSuite or its agents and that all incoming email is automatically
scanned by a third party spam and filtering service