zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Nomar Morado <j316servi...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: a broker is already registered on path /brokers/ids/1
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:35:35 GMT
Kafka broker in my case

ÓĆáPrinting e-mails wastes valuable natural resources. Please don't print this message unless
it is absolutely necessary. Thank you for thinking green!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 30, 2016, at 1:19 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Is the zookeeper process you're referring to the server or the client (broker in the
case of Kafka)?

> If you're referring to the server, then the ensemble recovers from the disk state of
the servers. If it is a follower, then there is nothing to recover, the leader already has
all the necessary data. If it is the leader, then it will get the ephemeral/session data from
disk.

> If you're referring to the Kafka broker, then you should be seeing a message like this
in your log in the case the broker finds a znode upon registration:

> case e: ZkNodeExistsException =>
>  throw new RuntimeException("A broker is already registered on the path " + brokerIdPath
>          + ". This probably " + "indicates that you either have configured a brokerid
that is already in use, or "
>          + "else you have shutdown this broker and restarted it faster than the zookeeper
"
>          + "timeout so it appears to be re-registering.")
>

> Does it help?
>
> -Flavio
>

>> On 30 Aug 2016, at 14:35, J316 Services <j316services@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Setup is 3 participants + 1 observer.
>>
>> We used 3.5.0 for dynamic configs.
>>
>> What happens when a system forced killed the zookeeper process and it did not have
time to clean up ephemeral? Does it recover in that scenario?

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Aug 30, 2016, at 8:53 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think you're saying that the session isn't expiring that and the ephemeral
isn't getting deleted. Or maybe the session is expiring but the ephemeral isn't being deleted?
It'd be great if you could check that the broker session is expiring eventually.