zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Dan Benediktson <dbenedikt...@twitter.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Server not running error in log but server actually running
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 20:48:29 GMT
I think you see this message when clients are trying to connect while the
server isn't fully up yet. For instance, if you restart the Zookeeper
process while clients are actively talking to it, you're likely to see a
lot of these, but it'll clear up as soon as the server is fully up.
Basically, the network layer has finished starting up before the rest of
the service has finished starting up, so the network layer drops the
incoming connections until the rest of Zookeeper is up and able to handle
them.

Dan