zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Szekeres, Zoltan" <Zoltan.Szeke...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Use-case with lots of child nodes
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 09:35:25 GMT
Hi ZooKeeper users,

I have a use-case where I need to create a very large number (~70,000)  of child nodes under
a parent. These nodes themselves contain no data and will only have a handful of child nodes
themselves.
e.g.
 /someparentNode/LotsOfChildNodesHere-1/ACoupleofNodesAtThisLevel
/someparentNode/LotsOfChildNodesHere-2/ACoupleofNodesAtThisLevel
/someparentNode/LotsOfChildNodesHere-70000/ACoupleofNodesAtThisLevel

I've read (https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.8/zookeeperAdmin.html) there is a limit of
1 MB. But I hit the limit for the getChildren operation around 4 MB. I'm interested in what's
causing the difference in the limit.
I was able to increase the 4MB limit by setting the "jute.maxbuffer" system property at the
client. Can I reliably use this system property in the future to set the limit?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
Zoltan Szekeres

________________________________

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies; do not disclose,
use or act upon the information; and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not
intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the
extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message
is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers
If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents
to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.