zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad arshad <mohammad.ars...@huawei.com>
Subject How to extend ZooKeeper data structure without breaking the backward compatibility
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 10:14:28 GMT
Hello Everyone

is there any way to extend ZooKeeper data structure without breaking the backward compatibility.
Suppose I want to add cuser field in StatPersisted
class StatPersisted {
        ustring cuser;    //user who create the node
    }
This is fine with fresh ZooKeeper server installation, where ZooKeeper data is created freshly
But this causes problem while de-serializing when server is new but points to old ZooKeeper
data.
Here by ZooKeeper data I mean snapshot and transaction log

In protocol buffers a field can be optional but in jute optional field is not supported.
is there any way to overcome this jute limitation? any work around?

Best Regards
Mohammad Arshad
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.LTD.
Huawei Tecnologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Near EPIP Industrial Area, Kundalahalli Village
Whitefield, Bangalore-560066
www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by