zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Re: Problems with rolling update
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 09:45:01 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Yes, the sync process is running async in one way, but sync in another! :-)
The elected Zookeeper master will block (there are timeouts) a write until
a quorum of the cluster has persisted the changed to disk. This means that,
in a three node ensemble, you could have a single node lagging behind while
the other two nodes aren't.

If the lagging-behind follower, lags behind `tickTime*syncLimit` (config
parameters) milliseconds (usually something like 20 seconds), the master
will drop its connection to it and ask the follower to rejoin/resync.
Because of this, I usually run a `stat` command against my follower(s) and
verify "mode: follower" and check that "xzid" is changing. That means I
know my follower is between ~0 seconds and `tickTime*syncLimit`
milliseconds behind the master.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jens

--

Jens Rantil
Backend Developer @ Tink

Tink AB, Wallingatan 5, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden
For urgent matters you can reach me at +46-708-84 18 32.