zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Wittig <andr...@widdix.de>
Subject Problems with rolling update
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:45:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to the Zookeeper community. I've started using Zookeeper a few
months ago.

My current goal is to build a rolling update process for three Zookeeper
nodes running on AWS. During the update the virtual machines get replaced
one by one. A new machine with Zookeeper is launched and added to
the ensemble.

Unfortunately I'm ending up with inconsistent data in Zookeeper with my
current setup.

Therefore I'd like to understand Zookeeper in more detail.

Can somebody please point me to the answer of the following question: How
to verify if a new node (follower) of the ensemble has already synchronised
the current state from the leader? Is it enough to wait until SRVR returns
"Mode: follower"? Or is the sync process running async?

--Andreas