zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code to Simulate ZooKeeper Session Expiration does not Work
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 08:20:15 GMT
Are you sure serviceZKSessionId is valid?

-Flavio

> On 13 Apr 2016, at 08:39, Matteo Casadei - Diennea <matteo.casadei@diennea.com>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have an issue on testing ZooKeeper's session expiration.
>
> Basically, I am using the chunk of code below to make a "target"
> ZooKeeper handle expire:

> final ZooKeeper zk = new ZooKeeper(zkAddress , zkTimeout, new Watcher() {
>
>                    @Override
>                    public void process(WatchedEvent event) {
>                        System.out.println("Received event: " + event);
>
>                    }
>
>        }, serviceZKSessionId, serviceZKpasswd);
>
>        while (zk.getState() != States.CONNECTED) {
>            Thread.sleep(100);
>          }
>        zk.close();
>

> however when running the code above, the only event a receive is an expired event while
the target ZooKeeper handle (the one I want to actually expire) simply gets disconnected and
immediately reconnected afterwards.

http://www.magnews.it/newsletter/

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any
unauthorized, direct or indirect, disclosure, copying, storage, distribution or other use
is strictly forbidden.