zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Casadei - Diennea <matteo.casa...@diennea.com>
Subject R: Code to Simulate ZooKeeper Session Expiration does not Work
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 09:08:32 GMT
Hi Flavio,

thanks for replying.

Yes, pretty much sure serviceZKSessionId value corresponds to a valid ZooKeeper session: on
the target ZooKeeper handle side I can see a few log lines upon running the previous code:

16-04-13-09-15-52  ZK event: WatchedEvent state:Disconnected type:None path:null.
16-04-13-09-15-58  ZK event: WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null.
16-04-13-09-15-58  ZK Session connected. State:CONNECTED Timeout:40000 sessionid:0x15408ce9fb6c36b
..... queuedevents:0; session id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; session password: xxxxxxxxx

These are lines present for debug purpose on the Watcher set on the target ZooKeeper handle;
current sessionID and password are also printed: these are the same value exploited on the
code to trigger session expiration.

>From the above log lines, looks like target handle disconnects upon init of the "expiration"
handle and then immediately reconnects (instead of expiring as we should expect) leading at
the same time to session expiration on the same "expiration" handle.

This seems strange given that we adopted the very same code on several unit tests and we got
no issue of any sort.

Any help is going to be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Matteo