zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ayon Sinha <ayonsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it a accepted practice to share Zookeeper ensemble among Kafka, Storm and Solr
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:00:33 GMT
Hi,
Say I have deployment design where Storm consumes from Kafka and publishes
to SolrCloud and I own all 3 deployments + the Zookeeper ensemble. Should I
build 3 independent ZK emsembles of 7-9 nodes each or is it okay to have
one 7-9 node ensemble being shared by Kafka, Solr and Storm?
Since the actual utilization of memory & CPU seems quite little per node,
for simplicity of deployment it seems having 1 ensemble should be okay
since 2-3 nodes will be in separate availability zones in the data center
so total failure should not be a common occurence.

Thoughts or experiences?
thanks,
Ayon