zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: from zookeper embedded to standalone
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:28:09 GMT
For step 2: Ensure zk (everything really) is shut down. Copy the
datadir from your current zk server onto all the new servers. Ensure
that your config and myid files are setup properly. Start the new zk
cluster.
Patrick

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
> On 3/15/2016 10:13 AM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:
>> Have you asked on the Solr list? They are probably better equipped to answer your
question.

>> On our end, if you are switching to a new set of servers, it is unclear how you're
going to safely migrate your data from the old ensemble to the new one. It is also unclear
what will happen with in-flight requests. If it is the same set of servers, then I don't se
why you'd have issues. We'd need to know more about your setup, though.