zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with old delivered requests in memory
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:12:08 GMT
Hi Ibrahim,

Are you asking about how we compact old logs? We do it by taking snapshots so that upon recovery,
we only load the latest snapshot and replay the txn log from the snapshot tag. The snapshot
tag is the last zxid committed when we start producing the snapshot.

We don't actually delete anything, though, unless you intentionally turn on auto purge:

https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_administering <https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_administering>

-Flavio