zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it a accepted practice to share Zookeeper ensemble among Kafka, Storm and Solr
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:08:27 GMT
Sharing is definitely ok, and I'd say that is common practice, but it really depends on the
size of the cluster you're talking about and your workload. Storm can be quite demanding on
ZK, and Kafka typically isn't except during fail-over. I don't have experience with the workload
of Solr. If you have a way of testing it against some sample workload, I'd suggest you do
it.

-Flavio