zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper with SSL release date
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 19:34:11 GMT
Hi Jason,

The consumer in Kafka is pretty independent from the core (brokers), that's how that project
manages to make such a separation. We don't have the same with ZooKeeper as the feature we
are talking about is part of the server and the only way I see of doing what you say is to
turn off features. More specifically, we'd need to disable the reconfig API and do not allow
any change to the configuration, even though the code is there.

Reconfig here refers to the ability of changing the configuration of an ensemble (e.g., changing
the set of servers).

-Flavio