zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Whitney Sorenson <wsoren...@hubspot.com>
Subject ZooKeeper transaction properties (partial read)
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 18:41:57 GMT
Hi,

In searching through the ZK documentation, this list,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-965, and curator
documentation (which we're using to talk to ZK) I can't find anything
definitive explaining the guarantees around using transactions.

I am now beginning to wonder if I wrongly assumed that partial reads were
not possible during transactions, because I have now observed this behavior
twice.

I'd just like to confirm that this is the expected behavior:

ZK 3.4.6
Curator 2.8.0

I write 2 nodes in a transaction, however, I am able to see one of the
nodes without seeing the other in 2 subsequent reads.

Eventually, I am able to see both nodes. When I am talking about seeing the
nodes I am talking about reads from the same client which issued the
transaction talking to the same ZK server.

- Whitney