zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rosenberg <...@squareup.com>
Subject Config properties and System properties
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:09:54 GMT
I'm a little confused why some of the server properties are configured as
System properties, while others are configured by configuration property
(and some can be configured either way).

Is there a rhyme or reason here?

E.g. I'm looking at the 3.4.X branch, e.g. looking at:
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.6/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_clusterOptions

In our case, we embed zk into our java container app framework, and so we
launch the server by constructing a QuorumPeer, and calling the various
setters there to configure things.  But for some of the options we are
interested in (e.g. ```readonly.enabled```) it can only be set by a System
property, which is less clean, from an api standpoint....

Just curious if there is a reason for the non-uniformity for how things
were configured...

Thanks,

Jason