zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: QuorumPeerMain not listed in JPS
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 18:03:39 GMT
This is a quote from the man page for jps [1].

"The list of JVMs produced by the jps command may be limited by the
permissions granted to the principal running the command. The command will
only list the JVMs for which the principle has access rights as determined
by operating system specific access control mechanisms."

If the ZooKeeper processes were started by a user different from your
currently logged-in user, then that could explain why they are not in the
jps output.  That also would explain why running with sudo would make
those processes visible.

--Chris Nauroth

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/share/jps.html