zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper without JMX ?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 18:39:50 GMT
Hello Jorge,

Can you please clarify if it's the ZooKeeper client side or server side
that you're interested in?  I assume it's the client side, because an
ensemble deployed to Android devices would likely be very unreliable, but
I want to make sure we understand.

I'm not familiar with Android development myself, but a quick Google
search shows that the entire javax.management package is missing on the
Dalvik VM.

http://developer.android.com/reference/packages.html

That would imply that any reference to javax.management classes from
within ZooKeeper code would trigger a NoClassDefFoundError.  Is that what
you're seeing?

If so, then I'm afraid there is likely no quick solution.  As Flavio said,
javax.management is used throughout the ZooKeeper code, and we don't have
any kind of mode that would completely "skip over" those class references.
 There are various options for controlling JMX on the server side through
environment variables to enable local access only vs. a remote port, SSL,
authentication, etc.  (See bin/zkServer.sh.)  However, I have a feeling
this is not really what you're requesting.

--Chris Nauroth