zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: snapCount, initLimit, syncLimit
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 19:28:06 GMT
Snapshots are a copy of your data in time, so size is relative to what
you put into ZK.

After snapCount transactions are written to a log file a new snapshot
is created and a new transaction log file is created. The default
snapCount is 100,000, you almost never have to change that in my
experience.

I'd recommend what we have in the sample for init and sync limit
(effectively 20 and 10 seconds respectively). Although if you have a
very large snapshot file you might need to increase these. You don't
want to make sync limit too large, otw it takes longer to identify a
partition.

Patrick

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Bruno Wassermann <baruch_w@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What influences the size of snapshots and how does one go about figuring out adequate
settings for snapCount, initLimit and syncLimit? It would be great, if someone could share
some advice.