zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject 3.4.6 download hard to find
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 22:33:06 GMT
Someone on the #solr IRC channel asked about where they can get ZK
version 3.4.6, since that's what's included in the most recent version
of Solr (5.4.0 is a day or two from release).

When I first looked, and couldn't even find it on the "archives" link
that's present on each mirror, I initially suggested that the user
should use 3.4.7 instead.  I'd like to know whether there is enough
binary compatibility with 3.4.6 for this to be a reasonable suggestion.
Since it's a point release and not a new minor version, this seems likely.

Further digging shows that releases up to 3.3.2 are in the
hadoop/zookeeper archive location, with newer archived releases in the
zookeeper archive location.  I'm guessing that 3.3.3 was the first
release after the project was promoted to top level.

Thoughts about making this situation better:  Change the "archives" link
on the mirror page to the zookeeper archive location (newer versions).
Both archive locations should have links pointing at the other archive
location.

Thanks,
Shawn