zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper in Azure
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:19:16 GMT
No, I’m using separate virtual disks to keep logs and data. But still I have very high number
of timeouts due to fsync, actually followers are timing and the leader is closing connection
to them.
Which starts new round of elections. This happens very frequently. There are 3 servers in
ensemble.
Settings I’m using
ticktime = 3000
syncLimit=2
….
Now I can see only 3 possible solutions:
1. Increase syncTime
2. Set forceSync to no
3. Update storage from hdd to sdd.

Any thoughts about pros and cons of each solution?
Thank you.

Regards, Akmal

> On 17 Dec 2015, at 16:52, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Akmal,
>
> What are you using for storage, local temporary storage? How many servers do you have
in your ensemble? Do you have a virtual net setup? The throughput does seem pretty low.

> -Flavio
>
>> On 17 Dec 2015, at 15:27, Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I was wondering does anybody have an experience running Zookeeper in Azure.
>> The current load is around 50 writes per second. Which type of storage should be
used, will basic work or SSD should be used instead?