zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZK + dynamic config + EC2
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2015 19:42:12 GMT
The only issue I see is that if the new server has the same id as the old
one you're replacing, I think you should first remove the old one and then
in a separate command add the new one. Intuitively this way you avoid
having the newly joining server act as someone who knows the current state
of the system (which it doesn't), a situation that may cause you to loose
transactions.

Notice that there are two reconfig interfaces  -- incremental and bulk (see
manual <https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperReconfig.html>).