zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: Transaction timeouts
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:34:26 GMT
On 17 November 2015 at 12:13, Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@icloud.com>
wrote:

> Hi Raul,
> Thank you for your response.
> I am running zookeeper with -Xms512m -Xmx1g options, is this enough.

It depends on your workload.. how many writes/read per sec are you
expecting/seeing? Are you seeing long
GC pauses? If so, you'll need more mem or bigger tick times, otherwise
you'll miss the deadlines for the
pings (both among learners and to clients...).

> Regarding the network, all of the server zk server nodes are hosted in the
> cloud, in the same dc.
> But according to the zk troubleshooting guide, the timeout should be
> increased for cloud environments.

Yup, latency can be unpredictable in the cloud...

> One more thing is that, I’m seeing a lot of
> fsync-ing the write ahead log in SyncThread:1 took 2962ms which will
> adversely effect operation latency. See the ZooKeeper troubleshooting guide
> messages in the logs.

That definitely looks bad and will block everything else. What type of disc
are you writing your logs and snapshots to? Are they
separate volumes?

-rgs