zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: Transaction timeouts
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:10:24 GMT
Hi,

On 17 November 2015 at 05:10, Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@icloud.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I’m seeing a lot of `Closing connection to peer due to transaction
> timeout` messages in zk logs, in all zk servers.
> Is this transaction timeout configured through syncLimit in zk config file.

That message comes from LearnerHandler#ping() [0], and the frequency of
pings from the leader to learners
is twice a tick [1]. So if your tickTime is 2000ms (the default), you are
pinging the learners every second. You could
adjust the tickTime and see if it gets better. But I suspect something else
(GC-ing? noisy network?) is going on, given that it
shouldn't be that hard for the leader and learners to keep up with 1 ping
every sec.

You can check ZAB messages (i.e.: pings, acks, commits, proposals, etc.)
between the leader and learners using zktraffic's
zk-dump [2].

> Also does zk server need to be restarted in order to update this config?

yes.

-rgs

[0]
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/trunk/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/quorum/LearnerHandler.java#L923