zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper dependencies
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 19:51:45 GMT
Thanks for the info. What's the best way to distinguish between
dependencies needed for core and contrib?

I'm not really an ant/ivy developer, and just trying to help out with
this package created by another Fedora maintainer. I'm much more
familiar with maven builds.

It does look like we're including some of the contrib stuff in this
package. I'm not sure why. We probably shouldn't be, unless we put
them in separate RPMs (subpackages). I'll look into separating them a
bit in the future. As for license, it looks like BSD was included
because of the hashtable bits which are compiled into the shared
library? SLF4J isn't packaged in this, it's just a dependency, so its
license is specified in its own RPM.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I had a look and couldn't see any major problem. You seem to be including dependencies
for both core and contrib. Just keep in mind that contrib contains projects that aren't active
and consequently might not build or run properly. You may also want to MIT to the list of
licenses. slf4j is under that license.