zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Reelection takes a long time
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:49:16 GMT
Hi,

*Problem:* We are running a Zookeeper ensemble that takes a bit too long
time before a new master is elected when the old one is brought down.

*Question:* Which configuration settings do I need to change to decrease
the time before a reelection occurs? tickTime and syncLimit?

*Additionals:* The relevant (I think!) configuration we are running is:

# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000
# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=60
# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=30

I have previously increases the limits somewhat to accomodate for zookeeper
nodes not being able to come up due to too large snapshot. This could
definitely be the reason why reelection takes longer time.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,
Jens

--