zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Oboturov, Artem" <artem.obotu...@zalando.de>
Subject ZK + dynamic config + EC2
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:16:24 GMT
Hi

I was looking at the ZK 3.5.x series new feature - dynamic configuration.
As an example, we could have an EC2 auto scaling group for 3 ZK nodes. When
one of them goes down, a new one would be spawned, but its IP could be
different. We could query EC2 to get all instances from group and generate
a config for ZK to take all currently running servers as part of ZK
cluster, and then run an update of cluster configs for all existing ones
using dynamic config feature. Would this strategy work? Are there any
alternatives?

--
Regards
Artem Oboturov