zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From kamel zaarouri <kamel.zaaro...@gmail.com>
Subject out of order callbacks of events in ZK
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 20:32:01 GMT
Hi zk-users,

Assume this tree:

parent1
|         |____Child1

parent2
         |_____<empty>

I have 1 watchers on parent1 and another watcher on parent2. I have those
watchers setup to receive updates of the child nodes of both parents.

Child1 is a non-ephemeral node.

If another client:

- Creates an ephemeral node (let's call it ephem2) under parent2
then and only then it
- Updates Child1

What I am seeing now is that 20% of the time, I receive the callbacks out
of order, i.e. I see the Child1 being updated before ephem2 is seen created.

Is this is a bug in the client I am using or does ZK not guarantee order in
this way?

Thank you!,