zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From vijay <vijayvangapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper cluster change impact on kafka
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:41:29 GMT
Thanks for the quick response Flavio,

Just to iterate what i understand.

1.  swap the zookeeper nodes one by one, add new node and remove one old
node: i have one more question here, what about kafka cluster configuration,
is it ok to keep old 3 zookeeper nodes as still there are 2 old nodes
available?

2.  just before swapping the 3rd node (leader node), i think we need to
change the kafka cluster configuration to point to new zookeeper nodes and
bounce the kafka cluster. is it correct approach or do we need to take a
brief outage and swap the 3rd (leader) node and restart the kafka cluster
with new ZK nodes configuration.

Thanks for your help.