zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From vijay <vijayvangapa...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper cluster change impact on kafka
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 07:42:09 GMT
Hi Guys,

We have a 3 node zookeeper cluster and a kafka cluster (3 nodes) using this
zookeeper cluster. we want to migrate the zookeeper nodes to better boxes (
hardware improvements). we already setup 3 new nodes.

can some one tell me what is the safe way to do the migration.

1. what happens if we change the zookeeper connection string in kafka nodes
to point to  3 new ZK nodes and start the kafka nodes one by one?
2. Do we need to change the old and new zookeeper nodes configuration before
applying any changes on kafka nodes (zk clients)? like adding new nodes as
observers etc...
3. what happens if we change the kafka configuration to talk to all 6 ZK
Nodes and later shut down 3 old nodes and reconfigure the kafka to talk to 3
new ZK nodes.

Thanks for your help.

--Vijay