zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Steven Schlansker <sschlans...@opentable.com>
Subject Re: ZOOKEEPER-1998
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:57:31 GMT

On Oct 2, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Pramod Srinivasan <pramod@juniper.net> wrote:

> Are there any plans to fix this bug?

> We are hitting a unusual problem with applications getting stuck in the linux kernel
when they call getaddrinfo

> This is due to a bug in linux kernel:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg328772.html
>
> We hit this problem frequently as we have a number of our applications using the zookeeper
client library and due to ZOOKEEPER-1998, our likelihood of hitting this problem increases.
We have had mixed luck with getting a fix for the linux kernel bug, it would be good to reduce
the probability at least.

The linked improvement would certainly be welcome.

We ran into the same problem in a different context, and found
that upgrading from kernel 4.0.4 to 4.0.9 dramatically
improved our situation.

Maybe a similar upgrade helps you out too.