zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Lu, Boying" <Boying...@emc.com>
Subject RE: ZOOKEEPER-1460
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 07:44:45 GMT
Thanks for the explanation.  So I can assume that the fixing will go into 3.5.2 at least right?

But since the 3.5.x (or later release) is labeled with '-alpha', or -beta, it gives me a feeling
that
they are not good enough to be used in the product.

Does the community have any plan to have a 'stable' 3.5.x release?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Nauroth [mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 2015年10月8日 13:22
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: ZOOKEEPER-1460

Please see my earlier comment here regarding the version numbers:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1460?focusedCommentId=14900
881&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#c
omment-14900881

To summarize, 3.5.0 has shipped (with the -alpha tag), so it wouldn't be accurate to say that
any fixes are going into 3.5.0.  The next release in the 3.5 line is going to be 3.5.2 (possibly
with a -alpha or -beta tag), so at this point, that's the target version for ZOOKEEPER-1460.
 You'll know for sure that the patch is entering a release when the JIRA gets resolved and
a committer enters a comment stating that it is committed.

--Chris Nauroth