zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From kamel zaarouri <kamel.zaaro...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I receive out of order messages from zookeeper in these specific example?
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 19:54:26 GMT
I will present here two scenarios:

**Scenario 1:**

Assuming I have the following tree

    parent
           |____ child

And 2 clients A and B.

- Assume `B` is listening on changes of `child` and `parent`
- `A` updates `child` once and then updates `parent` once

Can `B` see changes of `parent` before seeing the changes of `child`?

**Scenario 2**

Assuming I have the following tree

    parent
           |____ child_1
           |____ child_2

If we have 3 clients `A`, `B` and `C` watching on changes from the children
of `parent` node. if client `A` received a callback that `child_1` has
changed and is about to update `child_2`. Can I safely assume that all the
clients `A`, `B` and `C` have already seen changes on `child_1` before
seeing the changes on `child_2`?

Would you be able to give me examples on when the above could fail please?

Thanks much,