zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SASL issue with Zookeeper cluster
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:53:29 GMT
Cool!

-Flavio

> On 19 Oct 2015, at 12:56, sagar shukla <sa_shukla@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi Flavio,
> Setting up that parameter while executing MapReduce job helped get it working without
any issues. Thanks for your prompt responses :)

> Regards,Sagar
>

>     On Monday, October 19, 2015 2:59 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>

> All I'm saying is that if the zk client finds the system property set, it will think
that you want to authenticate. You could also try setting zookeeper.sasl.client to false.
> -Flavio
>
> On 19 Oct 2015, at 10:16, sagar shukla <sa_shukla@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt response. Since i am running MapReduce on hadoop node, i feel i
should use default jaas file, else my MapReduce auth might break ... right?
> Exception indicates issue at zookeeper side.
> I tried with non-secure hadoop cluster which works as expected.
> Regards,Sagar
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Mon, 19 Oct, 2015 at 2:33 pm, Flavio Junqueira<fpj@apache.org> wrote:  Do you
have the jaas config property set which is causing your client to believe you want to authenticate?
You may also want to ask that same question on the Kafka list.

> -Flavio
>
>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 09:56, sagar shukla <sa_shukla@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> I have a zookeeper cluster configured with Kafka without any SASL security configuration.
Also I have a hadoop cluster configured with security which uses a different zookeeper cluster.
So overall, I have two zookeeper clusters - one with security and one without security.

>> Now when I try to run a mapreduce program to fetch data from Kafka using non-secure
zookeeper, I get following error message of SASL though my read zookeeper cluster does not
have security configured.
>> : org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$AuthFailedException:
KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /consumers/myGroup/ids/myGroup_server-1445242267846-420b8826