zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Question about 3.5.0 stability and versioning
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:17:57 GMT
FWIW, the -alpha suffix also is unconventional for package management.
ZOOKEEPER-2124 shows how this caused some irritation for RPM builds.

Jordan, do you have any suggestions on how we can better communicate
"release X.Y.Z is alpha quality" to downstream consumers?  The
documentation links at zookeeper.apache.org already call out that 3.4.6 is
"stable".  Would it be sufficient simply to label the other releases there
as "alpha" or "API unstable" and add appropriate warnings around the
download links?

--Chris Nauroth