zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel <ele...@msn.com>
Subject advertised hostname vs IP
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 20:34:47 GMT
Hello,
I'm a bit confused about some config options in zk 3.5.0 alpha
I set clientPort and clientPortAddress in zoo.cfg
but after starting ZK these are gone from the zoo.cfgIt was my understanding that setting
clientPortAddress allows to use IP to lookup nodes, instead of hostnames.
but right now, without it, ZK nodes try to connect to each other by using hostnames.
Ideally I want to use IP not hostnames to lookup nodes, because i want to be able to work
without DNS or host defined in the hosts file.
How do I achieve this?
Thanks