zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel <ele...@msn.com>
Subject RE: advertised hostname vs IP
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 20:59:40 GMT
Just read the part of the zk config for 3.5 which explains these options are no longer used
i do use the format server.ID=IP:28:388:participant;IP:2181
so i do define the IP as the address to talk to, yet ZK keeps trying with the hostname.how
do i override this?

> From: eleroy@msn.com
> To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
> Subject: advertised hostname vs IP
> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:34:47 -0700
>
> Hello,
> I'm a bit confused about some config options in zk 3.5.0 alpha
> I set clientPort and clientPortAddress in zoo.cfg
> but after starting ZK these are gone from the zoo.cfgIt was my understanding that setting
clientPortAddress allows to use IP to lookup nodes, instead of hostnames.
> but right now, without it, ZK nodes try to connect to each other by using hostnames.
> Ideally I want to use IP not hostnames to lookup nodes, because i want to be able to
work without DNS or host defined in the hosts file.